joanne GIANNINI - OWNER & HEAD TRAINER
By the time I was 39, I was a mess both mentally and physically. My life revolved around taking care of everyone else in my life and putting my own needs and wants last. As a result, I was depressed, severely overweight, and just not at all comfortable in my own skin. I went through the motions everyday, feeling like I was practically invisible.
I was 40 when I finally took back control of my life. Working out in my own living room, I totally reshaped my body while losing 60 pounds. But the changes in my physical appearance were only the very beginning. Taking care of myself changed me, giving me confidence, energy, and focus beyond anything I had ever experienced before.
My goal is to “pay it forward” and work with people on a one-on-one basis to help them get past the hurdles that have stopped them from becoming their own personal best. In support of this, over the past few years I have obtained numerous nationally recognized fitness certifications, including certification as a nutritionist, and worked for years in area gyms as a personal trainer. I have also participated in regional physique competitions and teach an adult continuing education class that I developed on lasting weight loss.
As a result of my weight-loss success, I have been featured in print in both Prevention Magazine (2008) and SHAPE Magazine (2009), as well as online at WomansDay.com (2010), YahooHealth (2010) and BodyBuilding.com (2013). I was also chosen to be “Ms. September” in the Prevention Magazine 2009 Wall Calendar given to subscribers. Additionally, I am featured in two infomercials that have been broadcast nationally for The Firm, a fitness organization that has been around for 20+ years. My weight-loss journey is also included in a recently published book, A Happy You: Your Ultimate Prescription for Happiness, written by Elizabeth Lombardo, Ph.D.
I truly believe that it is never too late to be in the best shape of your life and look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – Certified Personal Trainer
- SCW Fitness - Nutrition and Body Composition Certification
- SCW Fitness – Advanced Functional Training Instructor Certification
- SCW Fitness - Outdoor Bootcamp Instructor Certification
- SCW Fitness – Group Fitness Instructor Certification
- SCW Fitness – Pilates Matwork Instructor Certification
- SCW Fitness - Pilates Matwork with Small Aparatus Instructor Certification
- SCW Fitness – Group Strength Instructor Certification
- Quality Fitness – Lifestyle Wellness Coach Certification
- CPR/AED Certified
- Member - International Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation (INBF)